Monday, January 26

It's more than just a pimple

So for the first time in my life in the past 20 something years, I popped my first pimple. Kind of. I don't think I did it right either.

But its more than just a pimple.

The pimple made me feel awfully alone when I stared into the mirror and was very unsure of what I should do. This may sound kind of strange, but its not only because I don't get pimples that often, but just in general the last couple of months have not been the easiest trying to figure things out. An old friend of mine just told me the other day that he thought I looked like a "lost sad puppy" when I first moved up here. And somehow, somewhere along the line in the last couple of months, I've changed and I did not realize it until the damn pimple is staring back at me. I got kind of excited because I realize I'm having a "first" moment with myself that I haven't had in a very long time. I've always been scared of what is unfamiliar, but for once, I find myself wanting to do something I've never done. So I tried popping my pimple, and I think I just might try and be adventurous this new year =)

I know this sounds ridiculous... all this over a damn pimple. But perhaps the beginning of an end may be the beginning of some growing up.

As excited as I am to embrace change, I really hope I won't be getting too many pimples. Haha.

Happy Chinese New Year btw!

No comments:

Post a Comment